No question about it -- by almost any measure, America operates the world's largest, costliest, and most dysfunctional criminal justice ($250 billion) and incarceration ($80 billion) systems. With nearly 2.2 million prisoners in state and federal correctional institutions, another 10 million circulating in and out of jails and detention centers, and 77 million with arrest records, Americans boast more troubling rap sheets than promising resumes! Their criminal records present numerous barriers to re-entry success.
Indeed, each year nearly 700,000 ex-offenders exit prison for the free world. Within three years of release, two-thirds return to prison where they each cost taxpayers between $25,000 and $210,000 a year to experience questionable justice and retribution. Once released with a measly $200 in gate money and no housing, job, or re-entry/support plan, not surprisingly, ex-offenders are like fish out of the water -- most don't make it on the outside for long.
But help is on the way to surviving this criminal justice maze. Filled with powerful insights, advice, self-test, examples, and exercises that focus on both hope and action. The Ex-Offender's Re-Entry Success Guide is the ultimate guide for those who want to stay out for good and do something meaningful with their lives. This transition period is a time for self-renewal and transformation -- a unique time for ex-offenders to inject greater meaning and direction into their lives so they will never again waste their time and mind in a prison, jail, or detention center.
This book addresses the major challenges facing ex-offenders as they re-enter the free world. It outlines a clear seven-step process for re-entry success:
- Changing attitudes and motivations
- Developing a purpose in life
- Getting smarter through education
- Telling the truth about the new you
- Taking responsibility and building trust
- Seeking assistance for life-long recovery
- Leaving a legacy as a good friend, spouse, parent, and citizen
Highlights of this self-directed book include:
- a comprehensive 146-item re-entry success assessment text
- exercises for developing a purpose and legacy in life
- daily action-planning exercises to implement the seven steps
- a planning journal for keeping critical re-entry activities on track
- forms to help organize a budget and use community support systems
- powerful quotes and recommended resources for guiding one's life
$27.99 incl. S/H & Tracking.
Due to EXPERIENCE- All books are SHIPPED separately to avoid prison mail room delays.
The Ex-Offender's Re-Entry Success Guide
- Publisher : Impact Publications; 3rd edition (July 7, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 144 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1570234035
- ISBN-13 : 978-1570234033
- Item Weight : 9.6 ounces
- Dimensions : 6.87 x 0.33 x 10.09 inches