Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook: The Step-by-Step Guide to the Legal Issues of Self-Publishing
Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook is the first step-by-step guide to the legal issues of self-publishing. Attorney and self-published author Helen Sedwick uses 30 years of legal experience to show writers how to stay out of court and at their desks. Topics include:
* Business set-up. From DBAs to sales taxes to crowd-funding, Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook walks writers through the process of setting up their self-publishing ventures.
* Moving from Manuscript to Book. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook compares the options of engaging a self-publishing service company to doing it yourself using a print-on-demand provider. It lists which contract provisions are acceptable and which are not. It explains the mechanics of hiring designers, editors, and other freelancers.
* Intellectual Property Issues. Copyrights, trademark, fair use, and public domain are explained in practical, useful terms, including how to find copyright holders and ask permission. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook provide tips on licensing images and music for little or no money.
* Internet Regulations. Any writer with a blog needs to know about privacy policies, SPAM, COPPA, and DMCA. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook explains these regulations in easy-to-understand language.
* Spotting Scams. Writers are e-blasted by businesses promoting overpriced services, if not outright frauds. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook shows writers how to spot aggressive sales techniques and scams.
* The Scary Stuff. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook provides guidance on avoiding the dangers of defamation, invasion of privacy, and infringement.
$22.99 incl. S/H Tracking
Due To EXPERIENCE - All books shipped SEPARATELY to ensure unnecessary prison mail room delays. All book prices below INCLUDE Shipping & Handling with Tracking.
Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook
- Paperback: 204 pages Publisher: Ten Gallon Press; 1 edition (June 6, 2014) Language: English ISBN-10: 0988302152 ISBN-13: 978-0988302150