Federal Prison Handbook: The Definitive Guide to Surviving the Federal Bureau of Prisons
The definitive guide to surviving incarceration in a federal prison. Federal Prison Handbook teaches individuals facing incarceration, prisoners who are already inside, and their friends and family everything they need to know to protect themselves and their rights. The thorough information has been compiled by an advocate currently serving time at a federal prison. His insider's view of this unknown world guides inmates through the mental stresses of confinement. Equally as important, he keeps readers physically safe by explaining how to avoid the near-constant conflicts found inside federal prisons. In detailed chapters broken down by topical areas, readers discover:
• What to expect during admissions and how to greet cellmates for the first time.
• How to communicate with the outside world through telephones, computers, and mail.
• What types of items can be purchased from the official commissary and the underground economy.
• The best ways to avoid fights, and the options that provide the greatest protection if a fight cannot be avoided.
• The knowledge required to avoid scams, schemes, theft, and other problems.
• What to do about sexual harassment or assault.
• The types of jobs available and their pay grades.
• Medical and psychological services.
• Religious activities and services.
• Entertainment, recreation, and keeping fit.
• And much more.
Importantly, this text provides detailed instructions on how prisoners can protect their rights. The author is a college-educated prisoner who has fought extensively to preserve his rights and the rights of other prisoners. Incarceration can be cruel for prisoners and their loved ones. Know what to expect and make the best of this time by staying safe, remaining safe, and building a life behind bars.
$57.99 incl. S/H Tracking
Due To EXPERIENCE - All books shipped SEPARATELY to ensure unnecessary
Federal Prison Handbook
- Paperback: 522 pages 1 edition (January 22, 2017) Language: English ISBN-10: 0692799737 ISBN-13: 978-0692799734 Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 9 inches